Friday, February 4, 2011

Something clicked for me last night

After realizing yesterday that I was doing something wrong, I did put the WWMD sticker on my monitor.  I did create the tag-cloud of maven training tips (I really had to filter down what I put on the list and still ended up with 30+ things!), too.  I blocked out ALL distractions, and focused on playing mistake-free poker.  The distractions over the past days were fewer than normal for me, but still far more than I realistically could handle obviously.


Well, it worked.  Two deep runs 11th/2700ish and 2nd/140ish for what was my biggest tournament cash -- never really cashed for more than $20 in small SNG's before yesterday because I was a cash game player and donked off 2 levels in!.


Best of all, I feel REALLY good about how I played, and "it" really clicked for me last night.  You know what I'm talking about... that feeling that you can actually do something and be good at it.  Sure, I have a reallllly long road ahead of me, and plenty of losses to suck up, but if I can play like I played last night, the wins will come.


See you at the final table! :)


PS> Follow me on twitter @bringtheflop

2 comments:

  1. WTG ! I will start following you on Twitter. I'm "thewaxslinger"

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Scott. Stay the coarse. Don't loose your focus or patience, and you will continue to succeed. Best of luck bud

    ReplyDelete